ASCCA is encouraging members to support the California Chamber of Commerce "Hit the Pause" campaign on several employment bills. The link provided below is simple and fast:
The specific bills addressed in this campaign are as follows:
- AB 524 (Wicks); dramatically expands family caregiver status, increasing employment costs and potential litigation against CA employers;
- SB 365 (Wiener); increases employer defense litigation costs by undermining arbitration laws;
- SB 399 (Wahab); creates new litigation against employers related to political speech;
- SB 616 (Lena Gonzalez); increases employer costs by more than doubling the number of paid sick leave days; and
- SB 799 (Portantino); further indebting the -$18B UI system and increasing payroll taxes on employers by allowing striking workers to collect unemployment from a fund that is bankrupt.
Here are the links to the “Hit the Pause” website as well as the direct link to the “ACT NOW” page: