If you come across a downed power line, stay as far away from it as you can and call the power company immediately!
- Assume it is live.
- Never touch a downed power line or anything near it.
- Do not drive over down power lines.
- Should a power line fall on your car when you’re driving, slowly continue to move completely clear of it.
- If your car can’t move away from the power line, stay in the car until help arrives.
- If a person or pet comes in contact with a power line, stay clear and call 911 immediately. Do not touch them or the wire. If you watch carefully, you’ll notice that we missed a couple of important safety issues.
*While filming the video, we neglected to make sure each driver was wearing their seat belt. It’s important to be safe around electricity and to always wear your seat belt and never text while driving.